Need help with comm. building load calc

Status
Not open for further replies.

qopanel

18,850 sq foot building with 12 units. 120/240v single phase. Cant get three phase. This is the base building with future buildouts to come at later dates. There will be 12 ac units drawing a max of 30 amps each. 12 120v 15 amp electric water heaters and small 120v furnaces. 12 exit lights and 24 em lights. 40 outside soffit cans with 120v 60 watt bulbs. the rest of the building is build out as they are sold. I dont know how to figure the rest of the genaral lighting and recptical load for power company. Is there a standard I should use for not knowing the futrue build outs. The spaces will all be professional type use (doctors, lawyers , office space)

bob

Re: Need help with comm. building load calc

I "assume" that the building will be divided in to two sections so that you will have only 6 disconnects for each section. You will need 2 services, one to each section. I would think you would install a trough with the 6 disconnects or and outdoor panel with 6 main breakers.
You will need a breaker panel installed in each section. A/C units will be powered from the breaker panel.
The lighning load is caculated from 220.3A. It sounds like you would used the Office building
as the occupancy. If the electric is heating for
the office you would use the larger load that being heat or the A/C unit. Assuming using the A/C
A/C units at 100%
220.17 Is for Dwelling units but it could be used to estimate the load for water heaters. It applies a 75% factor to the name plate rating.
These type of units usually will have a break room that will have kitchen equipment. You should check this out.

[ June 24, 2003, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: bob ]

bennie

Esteemed Member

qopanel: This is a part of the competition aspect of electrical contracting. This is also an area for a professional engineer, due to the liabilty.

Although many of the individuals, on this forum are qualified, this request should be in the realm of a business expense.

If you have been awarded the contract, you should hire an engineer. If you are bidding this job, include money to cover the cost.

gwz2

Will there be a "Public" meter on each building ?

May need a MAIN for more than six meters.

pierre

Hello qopanel

As usual Bennie's (ex)perience (he says he doesn't like to be 'ex' anything) brings up a valid point, pass the responsibility on to someone else if you can. Your name, qopanel, suggests maybe you like SqD - Maybe you could get them to engineer this if you use their equipment.

Pierre

Status
Not open for further replies.