Question on Using Mike Holt's Fault Current Spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded the Excel fault current calculator and I am a little confused on the proper entry for conductors per phase.

I am working with a 240/120 single-phase, three wire system (240 line-to-line , 120 line-to-neutral).

I presume the correct entry would be TWO conductors per phase, but one of my colleagues says it should be one, and a different colleague says it should be three...

Would greatly appreciate some help!

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I downloaded the Excel fault current calculator and I am a little confused on the proper entry for conductors per phase.

I am working with a 240/120 single-phase, three wire system (240 line-to-line , 120 line-to-neutral).

I presume the correct entry would be TWO conductors per phase, but one of my colleagues says it should be one, and a different colleague says it should be three...

Would greatly appreciate some help!
Haven't seen the calculator, but typically an entry for conductors per phase is asking if parallel conductors are involved. One 3-wire set (L1-N-L2) would be one conductor per phase. Two 3-wire sets (2xL1-2xN-2xL2) would be two conductors per phase. Three 3-wire sets...

Status
Not open for further replies.