NEC Article 647 History?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DataCenterGuy

I'm comparing Article 647 in prior NEC books, and see that it seems to have first appeared in 2002. However, only parts of it contain Revision Bars. Further, in a thread long ago, Mike Holt noted proposed changes in the 2002 edition. How was an Article changed that didn't previously exist? Can someone explain what I'm apparently missing here?
:?

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
I'm comparing Article 647 in prior NEC books, and see that it seems to have first appeared in 2002. However, only parts of it contain Revision Bars. Further, in a thread long ago, Mike Holt noted proposed changes in the 2002 edition. How was an Article changed that didn't previously exist? Can someone explain what I'm apparently missing here?
:?
I would imagine that it could have appeared in part under a different number and then been moved to or consolidated as 647.
Often content is renumbered as part of a revision, intending to bring similar or related topics together.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
While the Article is new for 2002, most of it was transplanted from Part G of Article 530 in the 1999 code.

Status
Not open for further replies.