Cashwrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

normbac

Was curious what tricks are used to keep roughed in PVC conduits from getting destroyed by concrete contractors, scissor lifts etc. when installing numerous conduits for cashwrap or similiar TIA

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
Was curious what tricks are used to keep roughed in PVC conduits from getting destroyed by concrete contractors, scissor lifts etc. when installing numerous conduits for cashwrap or similiar TIA
What is a cashwrap?:blink:

cadpoint

Have the GC mark out the walls.

Be there when they pour!
I'd make it a point to go and meet the concrete foreman and tell them what your going to do and where.

Strap on the horizontal right before the 90, strap again across both directions right after the 90. Whatever you leave I'd strap in the air up to four feet.

A real cool trick is to have ridge 90's, ridge vertical with a coupling and a coin right flush with
elevation. IE the finish of the floor. Granted it easier doing this againest the edge of the pad.
You can put the coin in and just tape it again.

In any case I'd 90, straping and leave pvc or ridge out of concrete and with 6-8" sticking out strap again, coupling and coin. You can bring it out from the wall to hit future panel or future run up or in wall...

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
The cashier locations in stores.

I do not come out of the slab with PVC, I stub up with RMC and even those can get damaged.

+8 on that.

never stub up in pvc, unless it's 4", which can hold it's own.... usually.

and always put a coupling on the end of the stub. that'll save you somewhat....
and use a yard ell instead of a 90 and a nipple.
if it gets beat up, you can usually fix it. and it's stronger.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
You can always make it flush with the finish. Put an female adapter on it and screw in a bell box plug. You have to measure it out so that you know where it is, but when your ready to set finish just tap the concrete on top of it and unscrew the plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.