New Subpanel Installation - Conduit question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesse82nc

So I will be installing a new flush mounted panel in a wall for an attached garage and laundry room addition. It is a 100A panel with a 90A breaker in it. I plan to feed it from the main panel with 2-2-2-8 Cu NM by routing it through the crawlspace (the main panel is outside and the back already has a knockout into the crawlspace), then into the laundry room where the new subpanel will be located. All walls are 2x6 in the laundry room and garage for reference. I want to use a 2.5" PVC conduit from the crawlspace up inside the wall to the bottom of the panel (the main breaker will be mounted at the bottom of the panel). And then I wanted to use a 2.5" or 3" conduit from the top of the panel to the attic above for the branch circuits. I plan to use mostly 12/2 NM for the branch circuits.

My head is spinning trying to figure out Ch 9 Table 9 as to how many wires I can run within the conduits.

Can anyone answer that question?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum rules. This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. However, if you are not an electrician or an electrical contractor, then we are not permitted to help you perform your own electrical installation work.

If I have misjudged the situation, if for example this project is related to your work, then send me a Private Message. If you can show me that I am wrong, and that you are a licensed electrician (or at least a licensed apprentice), then I will reopen your post, and offer an apology for the delay and inconvenience.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the
report-40b.png
button at the bottom left corner of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.