Multi condutor cable needed Blue with orange 16 Ga where to purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

searlest

Hello I am in need of multi conductor cable 16 Ga blue with orange and Blue with white

I would like a few different multi conductors

most likely a 9 conductor and a 20 conductor or such

Who knows of a good source ?

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
belden, alpha

Most of the cables there abide by either the IPCEA color coding or some internal standard.

If you are willing to pay for it, you can get any combination of colors you want in a cable.

there are also cables made to MilSpecs that have their own color coding.

kwired

Electron manager
If you are willing to pay for it, you can get any combination of colors you want in a cable.

That is the answer right there. Suppliers generally stock what they will be able to move. You can get about anything you want, but if it isn't something already being produced in significant quantity, you will either be stuck with a minimum quantity order, or at very least a higher cost for your custom order.

iwire

Staff member
That is the answer right there. Suppliers generally stock what they will be able to move. You can get about anything you want, but if it isn't something already being produced in significant quantity, you will either be stuck with a minimum quantity order, or at very least a higher cost for your custom order.

There is still a huge differance in cost between a 'custom' cable and a cable that is just not stocked.

If we can find it in one of the catalogs we can get it in a pretty short time but yes often 1,000 ft minimums apply. A real downer when you only need 25'.

kwired

Electron manager
There is still a huge differance in cost between a 'custom' cable and a cable that is just not stocked.

If we can find it in one of the catalogs we can get it in a pretty short time but yes often 1,000 ft minimums apply. A real downer when you only need 25'.
I have no experience ordering custom cables, I can see them having a 1000 foot minimum, but probably is not at a very good price. To get a decent price I would think you would need at least a 10,000 foot or even 100,000 foot minimum especially for small conductor assemblies. Something with larger conductors - like at least 4 AWG, maybe the minimum quantities changes.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Does it have to be a cable with a jacket, or can it be a bundled assembly of conductors without an outer jacket?

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Yep... has to be Type TC cable unless it is installed using a raceway wiring method within the cable tray.
While my previous statement covers typical wiring methods, it is not all encompassing. For all permitted wiring methods, please refer to 392.10(A).

Status
Not open for further replies.