UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ron

Unfortunately the UPS 'industry' is focused on IT, not process equipment. These papers are 'dumbed-down' to IT 'technical managers' level who knows didly-squat about relability from the configuration and control topology viewpoint of electrical circuitry.

Nowhere in this White Paper do they address MTBF, MTTR, single/common point of failure, battery rliability or the pros and cons of the various configurations. They love the latest buzz-word 'hot-swappability' but never say a word about what happens when the rack bus shorts. The writers have NO operational experience to draw on.

The paper has about as much value as the 'paper' it is written on.....Actually, its value is negative, because IT managers will take it as the sascred word, install systems based on it and never know what hit them.
It is free information from the internet, and even worse, authored by a sales / marketing department. Take it for what it is worth (it was free), and I suspect it is better than nothing for those that need a leg up.

m sleem

Exemplary Сasual Dating - Genuine Females
Occupation
Health
For myself i see it is very helpful, thank you.

m sleem

Exemplary Сasual Dating - Genuine Females
Occupation
Health
Unfortunately the UPS 'industry' is focused on IT, not process equipment. These papers are 'dumbed-down' to IT 'technical managers' level who knows didly-squat about relability from the configuration and control topology viewpoint of electrical circuitry.

Nowhere in this White Paper do they address MTBF, MTTR, single/common point of failure, battery rliability or the pros and cons of the various configurations. They love the latest buzz-word 'hot-swappability' but never say a word about what happens when the rack bus shorts. The writers have NO operational experience to draw on.

The paper has about as much value as the 'paper' it is written on.....Actually, its value is negative, because IT managers will take it as the sascred word, install systems based on it and never know what hit them.
Of course getting these information is very helpful, but which is the manufacturer that could provide the data of the failure rate of its equipments?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.