Outside lights (commercial) controlled by photo-eye and timer-clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
Maybe I want to make a parking lot lighting timer that will align itself with the solstice.
There are timers that can do that
Maybe I want to make a timer that will turn off the lights at the exact moment of the solstice so that the collapsing field of light will open a window to the realm of the ancients. Where can I get me one of them?

spark master

We have 1 photo cell, that is not too sensitive. It's just lazy. Lights come on way to early at dusk, and shut off way after the sun has risen. We are going back this week to replace it. If it doesn't work out, the timer in series will be used.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~

mgookin

We have 1 photo cell, that is not too sensitive. It's just lazy. Lights come on way to early at dusk, and shut off way after the sun has risen. We are going back this week to replace it. If it doesn't work out, the timer in series will be used.

Our company has a product which cures those problems. You can PM me if you want information on it.

kwired

Electron manager
On early/Off late is a sign it is not sensitive enough. That means the photo cell needs more light for excitation before it's output will operate, either a bad design from the beginning, poor installation from the beginning, obstructed "window" to the cell, or other deterioration maybe interfering with original design specifications.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
If the photocell has an adjustable window shade to change its sensitivity, that may just be in the wrong position.
(more common in integrated photo and motion sensor assemblies than in socketed photocells.)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.