Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnelect

HVAC & Electrical Contractor
Occupation
Contractor, C10 & C20 - Semi Retired
Ground Rods - Differant Juridictions

Thank You For Your Reponse:

Well, I passed inspection the 2 nd time around, but almost had to reschedule. The homeowner stated that the inspector would not remove the panel cover, since it is now the policy for Los Angeles County, Department of Public Works - Building & Safety Inspectors, not to remove any part of the Electrical Service for safety reasons ! The owner happened to be home at the time, and had to unscrew the panel cover for the inspector !! I will call the Electrical Inspector tomarrow and find out what in "Hell" is going on. Do I have to make an appointment with the inspector, and have someone there to remove the panel cover ?

kwired

Electron manager
The homeowner stated that the inspector would not remove the panel cover, since it is now the policy for Los Angeles County, Department of Public Works - Building & Safety Inspectors, not to remove any part of the Electrical Service for safety reasons !

Kind of understandable considering OSHA regulations, but after someone else removes the cover..................... I'd bet he still doesn't wear any other PPE, which he should if at any reasonable inspection distance away from it if it is energized, and maybe even sticks his fingers in to move a conductor or so to be able to see something behind said conductor(s), or to feel it to determine it's size, or perform other inspection type tasks:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.