Safety Precautions you must remember in the Electrical Environment:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just published this at {MODERATOR'S NOTE: Link to web site has been removed.} I thought you guys might want to check it out.

In the electrical Engineering environment, there are some of the basic safety precautions that one has to remember while working. While working in an industry, office or any workplace comprising of electrical equipments one has to remember the following things:

Location of the emergency Equipments:

The emergency equipments are those equipments which are needed in case of an emergency such as fire extinguishers, fire alarms. While working in an office or a lab a person must remember the location of these equipment, so that in case of any emergency we know, where to go exactly and look for the equipment.

Configuring the faulty devices:

If in a electrical environment a engineer find a tester with cracked faceplate or a damaged generator, he should not attempt to repair it, until and unless he knows how to configure it properly.

Grounding and testing:

Another important safety measures in an electrical engineering environment is testing of wires and grounding the power before working.

Turning off the main power source:

Turning of the main power source is the first and foremost step an engineer should take while working or configuring electrical equipment. By following this step, will avoid any serious injury or death from electrocution.

Monthly Inspection:

Many of frayed and damaged wires are the leading cause of electric fires, in fact many they may be existing in our homes or offices, and we even doesn?t know about these at all, now the question arises how to prevent electric fires from these frayed wires? The answer is doing a monthly inspection. Monthly inspection can greatly reduce the chances of fire in our house.

Share your questions or even your views about these points I've mentioned above. I also want to listen about these precautions from your side.

Last edited by a moderator:

mgookin

I'm a bit confused.

I visited the linked page and did not see the above posted there.

Your profile says your location is Mesa and the website is written in English.

The website appears to be for the benefit of Universities in India.

Ok, now the hard part. No offense intended. It is written in broken English. To say that is of a caliber worthy of suggesting an institution of higher learning is an oxymoron. It has no credibility. I suggest you hire an editor proficient in the English language if your target audience is English speaking students.

As to the content, I believe that is lacking as well. If you want something on electrical safety, I suggest you find someone experienced in the field to write something for you.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
My comments:
  1. Your description of emergency equipment is wrong. Please check out article 700.1.
  2. I believe that an engineer should not be doing any of the things you describe.
  3. I removed the link to your web site. It appears to me to be an attempt to advertise your services. That is forbidden by forum rules, and a repeat offense will get you permanently banned from using this forum.
  4. I am closing this thread, as it contains inaccurate and irrelevant information, and I wish to protect you from the uncomplimentary replies and comments that it is sure to generate.

Status
Not open for further replies.