Decora Receptacles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
You can get almost anything that is made as a standard style device in the decora style. Go to P&S web site or Leviton and see their catalog

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
I think that the OP's question is whether there is any combination of receptacle functionality that is NOT available except in a decora profile.
Two examples are GFCI/AFCI and receptacle / usb-charger combos.
Some combinations with audio, telephone, and data may also fit the description.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I think that the OP's question is whether there is any combination of receptacle functionality that is NOT available except in a decora profile.

I think you are correct about what the op wanted.

Here is somethink you may have missed.

506b10dd74c5b64b05001305._w.1500_s.fit_.jpg

mstrlucky74

Correct, thanks.

mshow1323

Be careful that device it somewhat of a pain. These things are obvious but shouldn't be overlooked. It's a jumbo cover, and you can only use it with a single gang device. You can't couple it with a switch in a 4 square because if the silly cover. The shape does limit the locations, specifically in the kitchen where it would be most utilized.

mshow1323

They're more or less the same size as a GFCI. They're tight, but they fit and obviously offset from center. I can't for the life of me think why being offset would ever be an issue.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
They're more or less the same size as a GFCI. They're tight, but they fit and obviously offset from center. I can't for the life of me think why being offset would ever be an issue.
Just an aesthetic issue, apparently. ("It just does not look right!")
And the solution is the oversized cover plate that allows the receptacle portion to appear to be centered.

Status
Not open for further replies.