Internal specifications of a servo motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richa Verma

New User
Dear members, I am working as an intern at an optical fiber manufacturing plant. The aim of my project is to reduce the braking time of the servo motors which are being used over here. But I do not have the knowledge of the internal specifications of the motors being used. I need value of the stator and rotor resistances of the motor in order to design the braking circuit. How can I find out the internal resistance of this motor?I am posting the link of motor manual:-
https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...=G6j3GVKODIk5l0V7CIvmdA&bvm=bv.70810081,d.aWw

gar

Occupation
EE
140712-1953 EDT

You have not defined the kind of motor.

If I assume a DC permanent magnet motor, then there is no stator winding, only an armature winding.

Use an ohmmeter on the armature. This won't be a very accurate predictor.

A more accurate method would be to run the motor unloaded with a constant supply voltage and measure the supply current and RPM. Next mechanically load the motor. Maintain the same supply voltage, and measure supply current and RPM. The change in counter EMF voltage is approximately Supply voltage * RPM (loaded) / RPM (unloaded). The armature resistance is approximately Change in counter EMF / Change in supply current.

Status
Not open for further replies.