Grounding and Bonding in Classifed areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where would I be able to find actual regulations and requirements for grounding and Bonding of flow lines, pipe racks, etc. in regards to an oil well site. NFPA 70e is real vague. I found NFPA 77 but before I buy it would like to know if this is what I'm looking for.

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
Where would I be able to find actual regulations and requirements for grounding and Bonding of flow lines, pipe racks, etc. in regards to an oil well site. NFPA 70e is real vague. I found NFPA 77 but before I buy it would like to know if this is what I'm looking for.
The "... actual regulations and requirements for grounding and Bonding ..." in classified locations are still in NEC Article 250 with the additional requirements outlined in Sections 501.30, 502.30 and 503.30, as applicable. NFPA 70E isn't relevant to the issue.

Other reference standards, listed in the FPN/IN No 3 of Section 500.4 may also be of interest. In addition, there are several general process industry recommended practices such as API RP 540, Electrical Installations in Petroleum Processing Plants and the Process Industry Practices that include grounding/bonding.

Status
Not open for further replies.