How to connect a hooter with output relay contact of a digital ammeter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I will just point out that if the unit really looks like this.

attachment.php

That it is likely just a speaker and will need some sort of driver to produce a noise.

Simply sending voltage to it will not do it.

Of course it may have an internal driver but it is something I would want to be sure of.
I agree. My diagram was just meant to be representative... and exactly why I used a symbol rather than an image such as the one you posted.

kwired

Electron manager
What we are missing from OP is information on the "hooter" and whether it's power source is switched by the relay or if it has power run to the "hooter" and then has control leads that need to be run from hooter to the relay. Most likely the "hooter" needs to have it's power source switched by the relay.

Something fun about posting the word hooter:)

GrayHair

A speaker will have two wires. A siren (built-in driver) will almost always have three wires; for 12VDC - Negative, Sweep Input and Steady input. I remember Black, Red and Yellow but wire color can vary by manufacturer, phase of the moon :lol:, mother-in-law's mood :eek:hmy:, etc.

kwired

Electron manager
A speaker will have two wires. A siren (built-in driver) will almost always have three wires; for 12VDC - Negative, Sweep Input and Steady input. I remember Black, Red and Yellow but wire color can vary by manufacturer, phase of the moon :lol:, mother-in-law's mood :eek:hmy:, etc.
But what does a "hooter" have?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.