Multi GFCI's daisy chained

Status
Not open for further replies.

FREEBALL

Well a friend had a home inspector insp. his home prior to sale and told him his outside receptacles had to be GFI's even though the the circuit was fed from a GFI breaker. So nothing suprises me. He also told him that his panel, that was installed under previous code section, had to have a grounding conductor run to his detatched garage. He said that to fix this would only be 100 dollars. He was way off on 2 points, first it was existing and code when it was installed and to fix would have been atleast a grand.

growler

Well a friend had a home inspector insp. his home prior to sale and told him his outside receptacles had to be GFI's even though the the circuit was fed from a GFI breaker. So nothing suprises me. He also told him that his panel, that was installed under previous code section, had to have a grounding conductor run to his detatched garage. He said that to fix this would only be 100 dollars.

Home Inspectors don't do code inspections they only give opinions and those opinions often have nothing to do with code.

FREEBALL

Home Inspectors don't do code inspections they only give opinions and those opinions often have nothing to do with code.

yeaa he couldn't quote code to him but just saying some unsuspecting person may have done the changes again he told him it would cost another 100 to fix so he took the 200 dollars off at closing :D

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
The problem with multiple gfci's or even multiple recep. on a circuit may be more to do with distance than the devices, assuming they are wired throughtout an area and not next to each other. There used to be a limit to to the number of re. (I believe 10) many years ago because of this. The long distances may cause some issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.