Side affects from Smart Meter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rampage_Rick

Probably for the same reason people are now against vaccinations: They're too young to remember the "before" time.

When microwave links became prevalent in the '50s and '60s, the general public had direct experience in the periods before and after the deployment, thus they could easily formulate a rationalization of the benefits provided (i.e. cross-country telephone calls, national TV, etc) The general public today has no experience living without, thus the actual benefits provided by microwave communication is less tangible.

Similarly, those who lived prior to the widespread use of vaccines immediately saw the benefit of their use, whereas people today have not experienced life without and as such the benefits are much less tangible. The recent measles outbreak is not even a fraction of what it was really like, I don't think people will really "get it" until we bring back gymnasiums full of child-sized iron lungs:

imghistorical_02.jpg

I wonder if they wear their seat belts. Do they count to 3 after coming to a complete stop at Stop signs? Use the handrail everytime when descending steps? Eat a glutten free diet?
Perfect example of hype trumping logic. Unless you're afflicted with celiac disease, gluten-free is a pointless fad. The fad has improved the availability of gluten-free food for true celiacs, but most everybody else are just idiots who can't even tell you what gluten is.

In fact, a follow-up study regarding "gluten sensitivity" found that subjects in a blind test reported symptoms even after eating the "placebo" gluten, indicating that their symptoms were not caused by gluten itself, but rather another example of the Nocebo effect (i.e. you're told something will make you feel bad, and surprise, you feel bad) This is the same explanation for many symptoms claimed by sufferers of so-called "Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity." The news media reports on all these things that might be hurting you (Gluten is bad! Radio waves are bad! Windmills are bad!) Then more people start claiming they're being harmed and the whole thing turns into a self-fulfilling prophecy...

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
The only side effects of a Smart Meter I have heard was that they can Burn Up ... FIRE .
Don
And almost every time those fires were caused because of a poor connection between the meter stabs and the meter box receptacle connections, not by the meter itself. The same thing would have happened if the old mechanical meter would have been replaced with a new mechanical meter.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
Time will tell I guess. But its somewhat funny (though not denying the EMF may be harmful) that home WIFI, Laptops and cell phones are just as big of an offender yet I see no concern with people placing them within inches of themselves.

donaldelectrician

And almost every time those fires were caused because of a poor connection between the meter stabs and the meter box receptacle connections, not by the meter itself. The same thing would have happened if the old mechanical meter would have been replaced with a new mechanical meter.

No , this was a different cause . Something to do with a disturbance in the POCO Power coming in and Smart Meters in mass in areas that were affected failed and some burned . This happened in more than one area . I read this recently .

Don

donaldelectrician

No , this was a different cause . Something to do with a disturbance in the POCO Power coming in and Smart Meters in mass in areas that were affected failed and some burned . This happened in more than one area . I read this recently .

Don

I am reading this in the General Electrical Forum on this site .

Why electronic meters are bad . ..... Seems they do not handle Power Surges Well .

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.