Mc cable to panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronball

Occupation
Electric Contractor
Is their any code that doesn't allow you to run mc branch circuits out of panel.

These would be surface ran up block wall.

Are their any special requirements.

ceiling is only about 30 inches above panel.

electricalist

Perfectly legal.
I like to run emt til I'm above the ceiling then set a 4 sq. Or if many circuits a small gutter. That's just my preference , I like how it looks plus I can leave some spare circuits to keep it simple and safe to add on.

liquidtite

Is their any code that doesn't allow you to run mc branch circuits out of panel.

These would be surface ran up block wall.

Are their any special requirements.

ceiling is only about 30 inches above panel.

I thought it wasn't good practice to run mc on cinder walls bc moisture can be a factor .
Physical damage I personality never like to run mc flush mounted when you can fun conduit and have it look better and you can install circuits in future .

mopowr steve

Occupation
Electrical contractor
I thought it wasn't good practice to run mc on cinder walls bc moisture can be a factor .
Physical damage I personality never like to run mc flush mounted when you can fun conduit and have it look better and you can install circuits in future .

I just got done with a restaurant that had some MC wiring in the basement and Yes it to was deteriorated especially where it touched the foundation walls!

electricalist

I can't say that he gave a reference other than because he said so. My supervisor said what about,,,,,the inspector said 4 mc s no more. .
I will say this we had more to accomplish doing 5 floors than we had people. So it worked out better that way. My job was finding and fixing mistakes

jeremysterling

Augie's picture illustrates why I think City of Austin disallows MC in panels. The city code also requires MC connectors to have a stop to prevent the sheath from sliding past the connector into a box.

iwire

Staff member
Augie's picture illustrates why I think City of Austin disallows MC in panels. The city code also requires MC connectors to have a stop to prevent the sheath from sliding past the connector into a box.

The NEC already has rules to prohibit what is shown in Augies picture it sounds more like someone in power in Austin likes pipe.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor

I guess they never saw these....
38RAST.jpg

http://www.aifittings.com/catalog/flex-ac-mc/retrofit-snap-2-it-mc-cable-connectors/

Status
Not open for further replies.