Plumbing with electric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny1982

Per Nec is there a rule with putting electric pvc with plumbing pvc in same trench. For example, a concrete floor is saw cut. Can I put electric neXT to plumbing? Does there need to be some sort of minimal spacing or divider?

Thanks

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
The fact of the matter is, both pipes are going to wind up full of water, one on purpose and the other because they always do.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
Stick up two vertical pipes from the trench with "T" at the bottom of the trench.

Tell the inspector "this is a spark energy relief pipe. If the conductors in the electrical conduit start sparking this relief pipe acts like a capacitator and will release the energy and the gas pipe that is in the same trench will not explode" It has been a gas code since 1972.

kwired

Electron manager
Whose equipment & labor dug the trench ? Usually all trades can get along & trade favors but there is always an ass who got up on the wrong side of the bed.
There are some companies that do both electrical and plumbing - now they can't blame anyone else if there is a problem.

sparkyrick

Whose equipment & labor dug the trench ? Usually all trades can get along & trade favors but there is always an ass who got up on the wrong side of the bed.

I do a lot of dental clinics and many are put into existing strip malls. The plumber usually does all the crete cutting, removal and digging. I just lay my stuff on top when they're finished. If I'm in a good mood, I'll help back-fill a little :)

Status
Not open for further replies.