Romex Staple Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.

keith gigabyte

They fly across a room well. I tried one and spent more time in jamming it than using a hammer and nail apron full of Romex staples. I know it flies well because I got so frustrated with it I thought I'd see id it was able to fly. Lowes took it back.

480sparky

Arrow T75.

T75.jpg

7910ST75.jpg

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
The Arrow T-75 is a reliable staple gun. I forgot the brand of staple gun I've used in the past but yes, they did jam a lot. I use these primarily for stapling along a sill plate in a basement where it's difficult to use a hammer and hold a staple at the same time. If you plan on using it for general stapling to studs in a house rough-in I don't think it's a cost effective option. Just my opinion.

480sparky

Ken Is it reliable ? Will it handle two 14-2 Romex ? Maybe its just me, but already have my hammer to nail up boxes, can lights, add a scab for switches. I suppose if you were to staple the whole room at one time it might work OK.

Reliability will depend on how you use and misuse it. I bought one in the late 80's and ended up replacing it last year.

But some people treat tools like they're disposable. By the time the job is done, they need a new one.

And it can do 3 14/2s.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
I hated the Arrow 'Jam Master'.

I use a GB (red one) now and love it. I hardly ever jams, like once a year, and you can get the jammed staple out very easily.

All staplers are hard on the hands in certain positions, though. I would like to be able to 'cock' the stapler so just a light trigger touch would fire it sometimes.

junkhound

Occupation
EE, power electronics specialty
Have a T75, mine has never jammed, was surprised to see how often that others' have.

The 'hard on hands' is very true. After turning 60 every stapler is harder to squeeze every year.

Would be nice to have a pneumatic version or even corded of the T75.

K8MHZ

Occupation
Electrician
Have a T75, mine has never jammed, was surprised to see how often that others' have.

The 'hard on hands' is very true. After turning 60 every stapler is harder to squeeze every year.

Would be nice to have a pneumatic version or even corded of the T75.

I don't see why it would be that difficult to make one using battery power. Not you, I mean the manufacturers.

K8MHZ

Occupation
Electrician
Making them would be easy. Selling them and making money is the hard part.

I know that personally as I have several inventions of my own that I just use around here. My friend owns the Scent-Lok company, he invented the modern scent locking hunting suit. We have talked and he told me what he went through and what he still has to do and I decided that it wasn't worth the fight or the money to try to market any of my inventions.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I usually dislike anything "Gardner Bender" but I have one of their staplers and like it.
I don't use it for all stapling but when I have an area that you just can't get a hammer in it works very well.
Sometimes if I only have a few staples to put in I grab it. It's quicker than opening up the staple jar & grabbing the hammer.

If it's old seasoned oak you might have to tap it in further with a hammer so I just use a regular staple for that if I can get a hammer in.

What I really like it for is stapling cable or Cat5. It has different color/size staples for different size cable, even 12-2 vs 14-2. You just have to flip the end around where the staples exit the gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.