Local colloquialism in consultant's drawings

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacG

Greetings All,

I see the phrase "All circuits shall have dedicated grounded (IE. no common "round-house neutral") conductors and installed equipment ground." on a bid set/not for construction set of drawings. What is a common "round-house neutral"? Since Google did not help I figured some you guys might have runs across this locally. I suspect this is another way of saying do not use self grounding outlet devices and only use isolated ground outlet devices but I could be wrong. It is just that I have never heard that term before and thought I would ask a not dumb question :)

Thanks for your input,

kwired

Electron manager
Designer does not want you to use multwire branch circuits.

You need to pull a neutral for every ungrounded conductor on 120 and/or 277 volt circuit.

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
Greetings All,

I see the phrase "All circuits shall have dedicated grounded (IE. no common "round-house neutral") conductors and installed equipment ground." on a bid set/not for construction set of drawings. What is a common "round-house neutral"? Since Google did not help I figured some you guys might have runs across this locally. I suspect this is another way of saying do not use self grounding outlet devices and only use isolated ground outlet devices but I could be wrong. It is just that I have never heard that term before and thought I would ask a not dumb question :)

Thanks for your input,

Roundhouse, full boat, round robin, are three that come to mind all mean multiwire branch circuit. any more I am forgetting?

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Roundhouse, full boat, round robin, are three that come to mind all mean multiwire branch circuit. any more I am forgetting?
Of those, the only one I had heard before was full boat. However, as a design engineer, I would never put a slang phrase on an official drawing.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Around here we use the term full set. If you were running out some homeruns in conduit you might pull in three full sets or nine circuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.