Burndy Y-750

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrown9940

I recently purchased an older burndy y750 revolver hypress on ebay. My question is how do I know when the compression is complete? Is the tool supposed to release automatically when its finished compressing or do I stop pumping when I visually see the dies closed together? An owners manual didn't come with the tool and I don't want to damage the tool using it incorrectly.

Thanks

rbrown9940

Burndy y750

Burndy y750

I don't see any place to adjust the pop off relief valve. This is an older model Y750 and I can't seem to find any online owners manual for it.

rlundsrud

I have a similar model, I believe it is a y500, and it pops when I complete the press. I am certain this works the same. It does become a bit difficult on the last couple of pumps, but not so hard you feel like something will break. I would just try a little harder and see what happens, if it feels like you might break a handle off, then you might have a problem.

Tony S

I don't see any place to adjust the pop off relief valve. This is an older model Y750 and I can't seem to find any online owners manual for it.

You won’t find an accessible adjustment, it has to be calibrated. Usually when the jaw faces are closed that’s enough.

I will say, when the jaws close let the cable and lug relax as they spread before releasing the jaws.

PS, don’t make my mistake, I forgot about the elongation of the core and lug. No big deal? You try loosing just a ½ inch of a 960mm2 Al. i have falen foul it it on much smaller cables in a tight spot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.