Violation

Status
Not open for further replies.

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
I would think a better way to handle this is to let the GC know about it long before the sheetrock went up.

I would have never thought that to be a problem when roughed in.
Not trying to put this on an inspector but if it wasn't a problem on rough in it shouldn't be a problem now. JMO

kwired

Electron manager
I would have never thought that to be a problem when roughed in.
Not trying to put this on an inspector but if it wasn't a problem on rough in it shouldn't be a problem now. JMO
I do have to agree that if it was framed like that at rough in, that the inspector should have addressed it at the rough in inspection

iwire

Staff member
I do have to agree that if it was framed like that at rough in, that the inspector should have addressed it at the rough in inspection

In a perfect world for sure. But the reality is the EC who was on the job a lot more time than the inspector did not catch it either.

mgookin

That thought did cross my mind.

Inspector needs to be told he missed it at rough in anyway just because:)

Well I busted up laughing when I read that, having spent a couple decades in a bldg. dept myself.

But it could go either way. I always went by "trust but verify". Catch someone trying to pull a fast one and things can be a little different going forward, like in the form of that extra little bit of "verify". Not retaliation and not even any hard feelings, but some extra verifying indeed.

Like the guy who used a raised seal notary stamp to try to pass off plans required to be done by an engineer. From that point forward I bought everyone in the department some carbon paper so we could rub the raised seals to read them.

iwire

Staff member
That framing detail might have been added after the electrical rough-in was completed.

In that case we could not expect the electrical inspector to catch it either.

My point was simply that it is just as hard for an EI to spot everything as it is for the EC.

Status
Not open for further replies.