Controlling critical and normal lighting with digital control system

Status
Not open for further replies.

nzubrzycki

Can anyone provide input on whether I can control light fixtures in a room that are fed from normal and critical branch circuits with one single digital wall station? Im considering using the DLM product from Wattstoper but Im concerned that although Im specifying two room controllers (one to serve the normal lights and one to serve the critical lights) in order to meet branch circuits separation per NEC, I may still be mixing sources on the low voltage side (24V). Has anyone ran into a situation like this? Thanks.

highlegdelta

Connecting two room controllers to one wall station will definitely work. As far as code goes for having critical and normal circuits controlled by the same low voltage, I don't believe there is anything wrong with it. I've never had critical circuits on room controllers but I have had life safety controllers and normal controllers shared together. Never had a problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kenman215

Can anyone provide input on whether I can control light fixtures in a room that are fed from normal and critical branch circuits with one single digital wall station? Im considering using the DLM product from Wattstoper but Im concerned that although Im specifying two room controllers (one to serve the normal lights and one to serve the critical lights) in order to meet branch circuits separation per NEC, I may still be mixing sources on the low voltage side (24V). Has anyone ran into a situation like this? Thanks.

The two room controllers will work fine. If the critical lights are zoned out geographically the same as their normal power counterparts, the dimming wires would be coming from critical controller, giving you two separate systems with no comingling at all. That being said, I've never had anything put major problems using Wattstopper, from defective product, inept techs, and poor support. I and at least one other electrician on this forum are currently going back to fix issues on closed out jobs. We've both had to learn the programming to resolve issues ourselves due to the incompetence of the people we've dealt with from that company. Consider yourself warned...

Status
Not open for further replies.