Obsolete Square D breaker replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electron_Sam78

Does anyone know if a modern breaker will fit a panel where there is currently a 999316 CB? Panel is MLN-463416 x. All square D.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

templdl

Does anyone know if a modern breaker will fit a panel where there is currently a 999316 CB? Panel is MLN-463416 x. All square D.

Doesn't SqD have a fairly acceptable product support group? Did you run this question past them first and what did they say? This is the first place that I ewhould start in order to get an accurate answer right from the "horses mouth" itself.

kwired

Electron manager

I found links to reconditioned breakers, came up with nothing on the panel you mentioned.

The images I have seen of the breaker - does this have bus connector on one end or just lugs on both ends? Never saw an image that showed the line side connections.

If lugs on both ends I would think there are modern breakers that have replaced it.

kwired

Electron manager
http://www.schneider-electric.us/en/faqs/FA102644/

No direct replacement, you can call these guys in FL, they should have a reconditioned/tested one available. http://www.cbs-florida.com/

So I have to assume the panel the OP mentioned is likely a motor control center or other control panel and not a panelboard?

As mentioned in the link FAL series breaker would work but is different size and would need mounting modifications.

I kind of thought the images I found of the one in question looked a lot like FAL or other similar breakers and wondered if they might work, just didn't have any dimensions to go further with it.

Sq D 999316 Replacement

Sq D 999316 Replacement

There is no direct replacement breaker for this item
The 999316 is a 3 phase 100 amp 480 volt circuit breaker.
If you have to have NEW only, you can get some custom hardware made for approx $225.00 and install the current series.

Reconditioned is available but be careful. Most people only clean the exterior of the breaker and call it reconditioned. When we did reconditioning on these, they were very difficult because the arc chutes are several individual plate for each pole and there are springs that are in place for the tripping mechinism. Only buy these from a trusted reseller with alot of experience and request the test sheet with the thermal and instantaineous results.

We specialized in obsolete circuit breakers beginning in 1985 and are willing to give whatever information you may need. If you need specs on current series circuit breakers, the information is available on our website.

Sincerely Joe

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.