Obsolete Crouse Hinds 240v GFCI

Status
Not open for further replies.

drpcfix

I've got a 150a Crouse Hinds panel circa 1989 and need to install a 20a 240v GFCI breaker and am stumped as to what to install. I've looked at lists of classified breakers but it appears that there are no 240v GFCI breakers for this panel. Is that possible? I know that there are plenty of breakers which will fit but I'm looking for a legal one. Attached is a copy of the label.

Attachments

• 2016-02-08 19.00.36.jpg
    2016-02-08 19.00.36.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 4

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Well I know you asked for "listed" replacements but I don't know of any. However I do know that Murray main breakers were almost identical to the old Crouse-Hinds and iirc the branch breakers would fit also.
Being that Crouse Hinds is no longer making breakers I would think that using an unlisted replacement would be accepted if it fit well.

peter d

Just use a Murray or Siemens and be done with it. Both Murray and Siemens AFCI's say they are for use in Crouse Hinds panels right on the package, so that's good enough for me.

norcal

Pretty sure Crouse-Hinds was bought by Murray which is owned by Siemens. Have you asked either of those companies?

Not quite, Murray became Crouse-Hinds, and sometime after Cooper bought them (Crouse-Hinds), they sold them to Siemens, who restored the Murray brand name.

Just use a Murray or Siemens and be done with it. Both Murray and Siemens AFCI's say they are for use in Crouse Hinds panels right on the package, so that's good enough for me.

About as easy as it gets. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.