CT cabinet mounting height

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny1982

What is the typical mounting height for an outdoor CT cabinet. It is a 3' X 3'. 120/240 single phase power. 400 amps.

Thanks

rlundsrud

I once had a ComEd meter installer force me to lower a meter on a CT 2 inches. He actually wanted me to lower the whole 600 amp box but relented and allowed me to lower the meter can on the face the 2 inches. My field installer had mounted the CT to a few inches below the height they required but the ComEd guy measured to the center and said it wasn't close enough. He was a total "Barney Fife".

SAP

Pge,SCE

Pge,SCE

Pg&e is 75 inches to center of meter out of there green book,SCE is measured from the bottom can't remember the actual height but it comes to 75 to center also, I don't really deal with SCE but I got into it with one of there line men over the height he said 75 was to high,but could not off the top of his head tell me the max height,he called somebody they told him like 72 from the bottom witch was 75 to center

meternerd

Occupation
retired water & electric utility electrician, meter/relay tech
Probably a majority of utilities have a spec for meter height (ours is 60" to 78" due to snow), but CT cabinets not really specified. If it's a POCO CT/meter panel, obviously we would like to be able to wire 'em without laying down or using a ladder. If not POCO, I suppose each AHJ would have a preference. Working space is usually the big issue for us, as a utility. Door has to be able to be opened 90 deg with meter installed, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.