Status
Not open for further replies.

mannyb

Occupation
Electrician
i am running a conduit between floors but i dont have any space to run conduit up and over existing equipment because of all the existing conduit. or even stick my head or body to make connections in drop ceiling. so i cant run over head. i have 4'' gap between two panels i can run a 2''conduit. my problem i have to run underneath the panel then i can turn up between both panel. i am running below panel. is there anything you guys think i might have a problem during inspection if i route my conduit underneath and between existing panel. i think ill clear the sides of panels my concern is running underneath a panel.

Carultch

i am running a conduit between floors but i dont have any space to run conduit up and over existing equipment because of all the existing conduit. or even stick my head or body to make connections in drop ceiling. so i cant run over head. i have 4'' gap between two panels i can run a 2''conduit. my problem i have to run underneath the panel then i can turn up between both panel. i am running below panel. is there anything you guys think i might have a problem during inspection if i route my conduit underneath and between existing panel. i think ill clear the sides of panels my concern is running underneath a panel.

The "dedicated space" is "dedicated" to the electrical installation as a whole, both existing and new. Any work that is directly governed by the NEC is permitted to be installed in such space, even including fiber communication that hasn't got a single microampere of current in it. You can install a completely unrelated conduit across the footprint of another panel.

The primary kinds of systems that are intended to be excluded from dedicated space, are systems such as those installed by plumbing/HVAC contractors.

Status
Not open for further replies.