400A service heavy up feeding (2) 200A panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACL

I'm currently working on a renovation where the home has a 100A 2-phase service(single breaker main) feeding an old 100A F.Pacific panel and a 60A sub-panel in the basement. The homeowner wants to bring in a new 400A service to power (2) 200A panels. One panel would be located in the garage and the other in the center of the house on the 1st floor. What is the correct way to split the feed after the meter so that I can power both panels? My thoughts are to run from the meter, to a disconnect, then to a junction box where I would split the feed to run to each panel.

ACL

No grow lights. Thy are adding a 2nd floor addition along with completely rebuilding the basement (un-finished to finished), adding a 30x30 kitchen, adding a new sunroom and also adding a new swimming pool and garage.

donaldelectrician

do a load calc sparky

do a load calc sparky

No grow lights. Thy are adding a 2nd floor addition along with completely rebuilding the basement (un-finished to finished), adding a 30x30 kitchen, adding a new sunroom and also adding a new swimming pool and garage.

Nothing beats a Load Calc .

400 A 1 ph = Quite Large for a House …

200 A 1 ph = Will handel a Good sized , Restaraunt …

Just Saying
Don

kwired

Electron manager
If there is electric heat, you get over 200 amps pretty quickly especially if you have rooms as large as 30x30.

Where you are at electric heat isn't all that common AFAIK at least as a primary heat source - it is usually too expensive. Heat pumps still sometimes make sense though, but they don't draw as much as resistance heating to heat the same space.

Status
Not open for further replies.