What is the difference between EGFPD and GFCI/ELCI for these devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there,

My company is currently looking to put GCFI protection on a 208V 3ph 50 amp circuit that will be used to test electronic equipment.

As I am researching products that will work for us, I came across these units, made by TRC.

They are both identical, except one is labeled as EGFPD and the other is labelled as GFCI/ELCI:

http://www.anderson-bolds.com/Merch...roduct_Code=44140-012&Category_Code=TRC_HDPRO

http://www.anderson-bolds.com/Merch...roduct_Code=44640-001&Category_Code=TRC_HDPRO

I was always under the impression that GFCI/ELCIs were just a form of EGFPDs, and not something entirely different. Am I wrong? I can't seem to find any info that can give me a clear definition of the difference between the two (and I'm getting some pressure to figure out which one we need to order).

Any help or clarification on this matter would be greatly appreciated... thanks!

Ingenieur

pull up the pdf data sheet
the 44640 in your link is listed as
TRC 44640-001 ELCI 208/240v, 60 amps and 10/30/50mA trip, three phase

but on the data sheet
44640 GFCI/ELCI
Trip Level: 6,10 & 30mA

I'm guessing the higher is equipment protection
the lower for personnel

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Also if you read it carefully, the lower trip level units are not listed, so the others would only be useful as EQUIPMENT ground fault protection. They are also only listed by CSA, not UL. That might be a problem in some areas, although generally it's acceptable. You need to check local codes to be sure.

Ingenieur

Also if you read it carefully, the lower trip level units are not listed, so the others would only be useful as EQUIPMENT ground fault protection. They are also only listed by CSA, not UL. That might be a problem in some areas, although generally it's acceptable. You need to check local codes to be sure.

good catch
I would want UL for the low range stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.