Thinking about the next guy, running conduit

Status
Not open for further replies.
how many of you guys have done the internet bidding where you bid live against other bidders until the other bidders panic and drop out?

Never heard of it...

Links?

I'm on Blue Book & Bid Clerk. Haven't joined I2Ft yet... not ready too... too much to bid with just those 2.

And Blue Book is free...

I guess the question is: Just how big of a network do you really want?

At this moment, I am not initiating any more contractor relationships. I get calls from contractors saying "I hate my electrician..." and it starts from there. I talk to them for a bit... try to get a feeling of whether I want to try them out. Of the last 3 that called... I will not be doing work with 2 of them any more. They are just not professional enough, and well, payment is always an issue too...

lightitup

Wow! What a HOT topic this turned into.

I believe the customer dictates the type of install. I always try to ask customer about future plans. On bid jobs, I try to give options like over-sizing conduit or pulling future circuits. On time and materials - definately need to be acountable to customer, ask before hand what they want - make suggestions. Only the customer knows whats in his budget.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I was trying to mix my comments into specific portions of Greg's post but forgot it should have been in italics...so much for being cute.
Got it. So the extra text was yours. It all becomes Italic, by the way.

The way you do that is by halting the quote using the same [/quote] that the post ends with, and then a
to start it up again.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Thanks Larry, I learn something new everytime I log on.
Yer welcome.

Here's more: note that the second part of the quote, where you don't ID the quoted party, is not in Italics. I always add a [i] between the [quote] and text, and a [/i] between the text and the [/quote] for just that reason.

If you look at the bottom-left corner of any page, you'll see a Posting Rules box. Click on the 'BB code' link. With what you've learned already, you should be able to pick up a lot more about Bulletin Board Code.

BB Code is a lot like HTML; learn one and you learn the other. Browsers convert BB to HTML, but it's safer for the website, because improper HTML can actually affect the site itself, outside of the response windows.

daleuger

On big jobs it's sometimes a good idea to run a spare pipe or go a little overkill, at least to the first j-box or two. Almost never seems to fail they later on go "Oh crap, we forgot......"

Status
Not open for further replies.