How many of you are cordless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOOL_5150

I can't help but wonder upon whom the proof of the latter is. :confused:

My dewalt batts have electronics in them.. Im sure it wouldnt be too hard to have a day counter and a recharge counter built in them. They are smart enough to shut off when they reach a certain voltage and cant be reset till you put them in a charger.

~Matt

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
They are smart enough to shut off when they reach a certain voltage and cant be reset till you put them in a charger.
Maybe that's why the drill dies so suddenly. I do know there's an electronic module inside the 36v batteries. (I told you I open everything! :wink:)

I can't help but wonder upon whom the proof of the latter is. :confused:

Larry, I wondered as well...
One day, I was taking my nice v28 into the tool doctor, because I had been very hard on the poor thing... (battery after battery after battery in hammer drill mode... It burnt the trigger out... and the motor got quite hot too...)

Anyway, the tool doctor told me that the onboard chip tells me how many charges have been conducted on each battery.

She told me that I had 167 charges on mine, and I was quite surprised... it sounded about right.

univolt

Ever since rechargeables came on the market I have used them as my main drill. I have been most pleased by the Makita 18v Li impact driver. I have had it for three years now and the batteries are still all good, one battery's charge will last almost the whole week when roughing in rooms with metal studs. For durability My helper and I have dropped it of an 8' latter onto concrete about a dozen times. When my cordless De Walt drill dies I will also buy the drill/driver to0.

daleuger

There is no equal to Hilti but they are expensive. They take a licking and keep on ticking.

The only Hilti tools I've messed with are the corded hammer drills and port-a-bands. Definitely noted how much easier you can knock in a ground rod in hard dirt with a Hilti.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
And if you ever find yourself without jumper cables you'd be amazed what you can do with couple pieces of #6 and some duct tape!:cool:
If you have to, you can even use a couple of pieces of #12. Just hook them up, leave the engine running in the working vehicle for about 10 minutes, remove the wires, and start it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.