Overheating formulas

Status
Not open for further replies.

gardiner

I need some help from someone out there that is into theory and formulas. I need to find out what the expected heat would be travelling through a terminal strip. I know there is such a formula out there and I have even used it in the past problem being that was a few years ago and I know longer remember it. This need for the formula comes from an occassion when someone ignored manufacturers instructions on wiring a device and instead of providing a seperate dedicated neutral for each phase in the box cut corners by running one neutral and connecting it through terminal strips to each of the other neutrals, this in itself might not of been a problem but the neutral was connected to daisy chain each of the terminal blocks thus causing more heat to build up in each block then the manufacture had intended it to have. the result fire. Unfortunately this has now been done on three different occassions and in each case the same result I need the calculations to prove this is the cause of the damage and it can be corrected with proper wiring or with an alternate method of connection. Any one out there with any ideas where I could find the formulas or any information I might use to back this up?

Status
Not open for further replies.