Fault Curent calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

clancy

I am looking for the fault curent calculation or formula. I know the avalible fault curent at the transformer. however i do not know the impedence or the kva.

sceepe

Re: Fault Curent calculation

Mike Holt has a great download available on his "free stuff" page that explains the whole proceedure of doing point to point fault current calcs. check out Mike Holts Free Stuff

I know the avalible fault curent at the transformer. however i do not know the impedence or the kva.
Normally, you need to know the available current or use teh impedance and kva rating to determine it. If you have been given the avail current to start with, you probably have all you need.

charlie

If you find the impedance and kVA to calculate the available kVA, your figures will likely be different than you have been given. We give the maximum possible based on the lowest impedance transformer we have in that size, assuming an infinite bus and a bolted fault. :D

tx2step

Originally posted by sceepe:
Mike Holt has a great download available on his "free stuff" page that explains the whole proceedure of doing point to point fault current calcs. check out Mike Holts Free Stuff
Are you referring to the "Short-Circuit Point-to-Point Calculations Book"?

I tried downloading the "Short-Circuit Calculator" listed on Mike's site, but it wouldn't open in Excel. It's shown as being a Lotus 123 speadsheet.

I sometimes use a fault current calculator program that I downloaded (free) from the Bussman website. It runs just fine on Windows XP. Have you tried that?

Status
Not open for further replies.