Power Wiring Design Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wirestu

I am looking for advice on how to terminate the conductors from a generator circuit breaker to two Manual Transfer Switches (MTS). The generator has a 1000 Amp breaker from which the feeder cables will terminate into the lugs of two 1200 Amp MTS. The site real estate will allow for two 4" conduits to be run from each MTS to the generator circuit breaker. The loads are controlled manually and it is possible for each MTS to be supplying full load. The generator circuit breaker has lugs for 3 500 MCM per phase. The MTS have lugs for 4 600 MCM per phase. I was thinking of using 4 350 MCM per phase (2 350 MCM per phase per conduit x 2) to each transfer switch. This will result in 8 350 MCM per phase being terminated to the generator circuit breaker. I was thinking of using a power distribution block but can't find one with 8 350 MCM. Does anybody have a more practical solution.

Thanks,

Stu

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
Re: Power Wiring Design Question

You might try Cooper B-Line bussed Termination enclosures. They are listed under "Bussed Gutters" in the catalog. Part number R9000 with a suffix for the Ampacity.

Also try "Erickson Electrical Equipment Co.", Elk Grove Village, Illinois (847-640-7701). They have termination boxes up to 3000 Amps (similar to the Cooper ones).

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.