120 amp water-heater

Status
Not open for further replies.

bphgravity

Consult you AHJ. Technically, you are not in the bathroom if you are in a closet, but the AHJ may consider that area coantains "easily ignitable materials" or they may consider it still in the bathroom.

marinesgt0411

it is the safest way I can think to do it water-heater requires three two pole 40's breakers are now going to be within sight and reach of water-heater not clear across house in garage 80 foot away as the conduit runs

three disconects for one water-heater did not seem a very safe install the breakers will now be the means of disconect so all power to water-heater can now be turnrd off with one breaker or part of power can be turned off by each two pole 40.

combustable material in a water-heater closet is not a concern but the fact that the closet is in the bathroom is. It is a GREY area I was unsure of and just want some oppinions

Minuteman

When you first said closet - I was thinking CLOTHES closet. I would call that a mechanical closet. I don't see a problem, if it has enough clearance. But, it's still up to your AHJ.

Jim W in Tampa

As long as you meet the work clearance its good to go.It is not a bathroom any more so than a closet in a bedroom is a bedroom.What would be at question is the likelyhood of it becoming storage.That is hard one to deal with,but legal as long as no shelfs in work space 30x36

Status
Not open for further replies.