Correction factor for tanning beds

Status
Not open for further replies.

dacreman

Correction factor for tanning beds

When installing multiple tanning beds, how would the demand be calculated? 2 beds rated 45 amps each, 12 others at 17 amps each. 120/208 3phase system. I think table 220.20 is what I would use for a commercial installation. Please help.

russellroberts

Re: Correction factor for tanning beds

Just my opinion,but wouldn't it be very likely that all of them would be running at the same time?
I don't believe a demand factor would apply.

Russell

bob

Table 220-20 is for kitchen equipment. While you are cooking some meat I do not think this table
is correct. As suggested by Russell, you could have 100% loading. There might be some question as to whether the load would be considered continuos.

iwire

Staff member

I too think you must consider that they all will run at the same time.

Certainly the owners of this place hope all the beds are in use at some times.

hurk27

There might be some question as to whether the load would be considered continuos.
I dont think there is an issue with continuos as if a tanning bed were to run for more than 3 hours I think the person tanning would be fried.

i just got done working with tanning bed eariler this year and it is not contounis load at all because the tanning bed have timer to limit the max of 15-18 min tops. i just go with figures with all at the same time ( even through not all will be used at the same time )

one quick question there is the tanning bed is set up for single phase or three phase ?? it can throw the moneky wrench in load factors there

( the beds i work on are three phase set up )

merci , marc

iwire

Staff member

WOW 3 phase some at 17 amps and some at 45 amps :p

hurk27

Iwire
I did a salon at the beginning of the summer an it had 4 3 phase beds that used 90 amps @ 240 volts had to boost the 208 volts I had to work with this bed didn't have voltage taps that could be changed as it was all metal halide lights. but most VHO beds do have the buck/boost built right in. They were Tan America beds out of California.

Status
Not open for further replies.