Power management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, does anyone know of a product that switches between power loads automatically. I have a customer who wants to prevent his dryer and his hot water tank from comming on at the same time and he wants his dryer to have priority. Can anyone help with this?
Thanks Ron

ron

Re: Power management

The only thing I can think of would be some lighting contactors for the power switching and some relay logic to determine priorities.
If he's interested in doing it manually, maybe a double pole double throw switch.

That's what I figured too. I will be talking to him tomorrow to see what he was talking about and who told him that sort of unit exists.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer

It sounds like they are on the same circuit, and the breaker keeps tripping. It might be a cheaper and easier (and lower maintenance) solution to either upgrade the circuit (i.e., larger wire, higher rated breaker) or to provide separate circuits.

steved

Intelletec makes an "Auto Energy Select Switch" that does what your customer wants. Unfortunately it's only for 120V loads; 240V appliances are pretty rare in RVs.

[ September 23, 2005, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: steved ]

Status
Not open for further replies.