EC liability insurance....City of Phila., PA

Status
Not open for further replies.

mb5412

Hi, I'm a newly licensed EC (1yr)for Phila., PA. I presently do this work part time and have no employees. It was my intention to just obtain a license and keep in force, should I decide to work full time, but w/o the paperwork and hassle of owning a business.(Do you think I'm being short sighted about owning a business?)
My insurance carrier performs annual audits of gross sales, payroll etc. I consider earning $3000 a year a good year. Is there a special classification of electrician licensing in Philly that I'm unaware of that maybe restricts the $$$ limit of work I can perform and in turn reduce my coverage? I currently pay $650/yr for $2,000,000.00 coverage.

paul32

Re: EC liability insurance....City of Phila., PA

If you are a part-time contractor you have a business, so I don't know why you are saying without the hassle of owning a business. And at least for a sole proprieter with no employees, there really isn't much hassle or paperwork. I'm also a part-time contractor. But you shouldn't reduce the insurance just because you are part time. It only takes one job to cause a problem. I don't know about PA licensing.

Status
Not open for further replies.