Residential Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

growler

Re: Residential Pricing

Rampelectric, Check out this price list, it's the only one I have been able to find for public use. Everyone here say's it's very low but the instructions say that you may wish to make adjustments. I think that once you adjust the price for a small number ( under five ) and ceiling height ( over ten feet ) that it's not that far off. http://www.ablegroup.net/info-electrical.html By the way I make some serious adjustments to their price for service installations.

[ January 16, 2006, 12:43 AM: Message edited by: growler ]

wyatt

Note that the 200 amp service has 16 spaces. must be a real cheap panel.

growler

The thing is, you are never going to install a 16 space 200 Amp. panel. If you start with $1400.00 as a base price instead of $1200.00 ( or whatever figure you like ) and start tacking on the additional items, say a 40 position panel, extra $360.00 dollars, 3 Arc Faults-$180.00,4 ea. double pole breakers- $160.00, you can get to well over two thousand without trying very hard. A friend ask me how he went in to buy a car, with a sale price of $15,999.00 and came out paying $24,000.00. My answer is that's what the salesman gets paid for. Half of an electrical contractors job is to sell the job. Doing the work is often the easy part. Then comes the real fun, collecting.

RampyElectric

Ok I checked the price list... Im in south western florida, I called a friend in Greenville SC and he said he would charge 500 for a recess can and 2 exhaust fans (bathroom)....Im thinking 300....am I still crazy? :confused:

peter d

Originally posted by RampyElectric:
What is a going rate to install recess cans? Both new construction and Rework.
High enough to make money, low enough to be competitive.

Seriously, there are way too many variables to answer this question on a national forum.

growler

You say 2 exhaust fans and 1 recessed can. Who buys the material? Any switches required? Are they going to be real easy ( put them up, hook them up and leave)? Do you have to vent the fans? How much time do you figure?
Can you make money at your price? Are you satisfied?

[ January 16, 2006, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: growler ]

"Venting the exhaust fans", that's the key question. And it can make $500. seem cheap. Cutting a 4" hole 2 story's up can be fun!..L

[ January 17, 2006, 12:45 AM: Message edited by: TOMWELDS ]

larryl

new work 6" ,about 90.00$ in the northeast,,,,
although your in southwest Florida,,probilty around,,
lets see,,,,,,,
10.00 can
5.00 trim
5.00 lamp
5.00 wire
1.00 labor
26.00 total