Life Safety, Grounding and Bonding Inspections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckbrow

We have been doing Life Safety, Grounding and Bonding inspections for all of the Park and Recreation Facilities for two cities in Florida. We check and correct neutral to ground bonding, exposed wires, bonding, system ground and resistance at all metal poles and grounding points. My question is "Has anyone found anything on time intervals on reinspections?" I have looked through the NEC and OSHA and not found anything specific. I also googled and found some reports by the army which recommend annual and bi-annual on resistance testing. If anyone has information on recommended time intervals it would be helpful.

Thanks,

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
Chuckbrow said:
My question is "Has anyone found anything on time intervals on reinspections?" I have looked through the NEC and OSHA and not found anything specific. I also googled and found some reports by the army which recommend annual and bi-annual on resistance testing.

Have you tried NFPA 70B (Electrical Maintenance) or NFPA 70E(Electrical Safe Work Practices), they both contain much more maintenance information than does the NEC which is primarily for new installations.

bphgravity

City of Fort Myers and Cape Coral ?

Of course, there would be no minimum. As a contractor, I would suggest not less than every 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.