conduit run

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudy.v

In one on my previous study books In determining a total length of conduit run,it makes reference to a table listing typical gains and take ups for 90 degree ends, these gains and take ups are used to cut the conduit to the corrrect lenght I assume to save on buying to much conduit, however the book does not mention where this table is located in the NEC code book,I was wondering if any one knows of a table that has these gain and take up values, or even if there is such a table or even if such a table is of any use ?

bennie

Esteemed Member
Re: conduit run

Greenlee bending book, has the necessary dimensions.

You can calculate your own measurements by bending some scrap conduit.

canman

Rudy,check out BOYCES WEB PAGE on conduit bending and I think you will find what you are asking for.Uglys electrical reference book also lists formulas in 1999 edition page 133.I dont know if they still do it but years ago benfield benders used to include a pocket size chart that listed the bending info and shrinkage.Shrinkage info can be very useful sometimes on rigid conduit.BOBBY

rudy.v

Originally posted by bphgravity:
The NEC does not cover conduit bending practices or methods. :)
bphgravity & Bennie: thanks for the reply now I know why I could not find anything in the code book, I guess it's kind of trial and error thing or I can use my old study book, or as you suggested Bennie use the Greelee bening book. I did use the figures from my old study book and the length came out correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.