3phase calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Mike
I need your help
What is the calculation for a sizing a 200amp 208volt 3 phase service for a commercial retail store. Your speedy reply is very much appreciated
Thank you,

Dan O'Shea

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Re: 3phase calculation

First of all, Mike does not often post comments or responses on this Forum. So questions should be addressed to the membership at large. There are over 25,000 members, and more than one will likely be able to help.

Secondly, we don't do your work for you. We can help you with questions, issues, or difficulties. But if you have not shown that you have made any efforts, we will not just hand you an answer.

So let us know what you have already tried, show us the answer you have already obtained, or tell us what aspect of the problem makes it difficult for you to get a start. Then we will offer what advice and information we can.

The only hint I'll give at this point is to start in Article 220.

haskindm

If you have an existing 200-amp 3-phase service then it is already "sized". If you are trying to decide if it is adequate you will need to do a complete article 220 service calculation based on lighting load, heat/AC load, receptacles, equipment, etc. There are no shortcuts, you will need to gather the information and calculate the load. Much, much, more information will be needed than you provided in your question.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer

By any chance, is this a homework question for a class you are taking?

jwelectric

Originally posted by charlie b:
First of all, Mike does not often post comments or responses on this Forum.
Now Charlie B you know that my favorite pass time is to come in here and try as hard as I can to twist the code into a debate that will someday reach the big 1000 mark.

I?m sorry; I just realized that he was asking about Mr. Holt not me.
:D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.