Future, rechargeable cars ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadpoint

Having read the hydrogen thread today, made me think of another application.

What are the requirements, Code Articles, for rechargeable cars, or are future cars now possible just future requirements.

I don't know, anyone know > ?

mdshunk

Just read an article in today's local paper that a local college just got two rechargeable cars for the security patrol. It's coming. Time for EC's to add that service to their website and business literature, even if you don't do it yet. It's just a charger, no different than wiring up a forklift charger.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
625.1 Scope.
The provisions of this article cover the electrical conductors and equipment external to an electric vehicle that connect an electric vehicle to a supply of electricity by conductive or inductive means, and the installation of equipment and devices related to electric vehicle charging.

220/221

GM had a rechargable car and there were quite a few charging stations being built. I remember seeing them at the malls and some strip centers.

Problem is, they only leased the vehicles. They pulled them out of service and crushed them in th AZ desert.

Oh...the tecnology for the batteries they used now belong to Texaco.

Rampage_Rick

220/221 said:
GM had a rechargable car and there were quite a few charging stations being built. I remember seeing them at the malls and some strip centers.

Problem is, they only leased the vehicles. They pulled them out of service and crushed them in th AZ desert.

Oh...the tecnology for the batteries they used now belong to Texaco.
There's a great documentary on that subject, called "Who Killed the Electric Car?"

Status
Not open for further replies.