"We just want to more some walls" - Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragin Cajun

These are pictures I took today of a vacant doctors office they want to "upfit". No redundant grounds in exam rooms, exit sign "issues, etc. The panelboard is a mess. Splices missing wirenuts, cut off wires, conduits stuffed to the gills, etc. Notice the refrigerant piping on the floor, up the wall, and through the ceiling!

I estimate the age at 30-40 years old.

They wanted to remove a couple of walls and more the washer/dryer. The code people said they needed stamped drawings. I wonder if the code people know about this place.

I told them they need a new panel, etc. Didn't go into the attic, no telling whats there!

There is an old oil tank out back but I don't think it's in use. My guess is they are now using duct heat, but I can't tell.

They want an estimate on engineering. My guess the electrician fee will be $10 - 20K?

Hey, I need the work!

RC

Buck Parrish

More on the end of $20 or above. Belive me, been there done that.
Either do it "Time and Material" or bid it way way way high.
Also talk to the AHJ have him meet you there.

480sparky

Cheaper than a demo crew for a whole building - but if you want something more surgical to remove the electrical - hire some monkeys (lowest bidder) for the demo.

Oh, I can see the Craigslist ad now:

"Electricians needed immediately! Start tomorrow! Work with everything from fire alarm and data to 120 and 480 volts! 20 years experience required. $10/hour."
:D

hurk27

Cheaper than a demo crew for a whole building - but if you want something more surgical to remove the electrical - hire some monkeys (lowest bidder) for the demo.

"Hire" just put a sign out front that says "FREE COPPER"

It will be gone faster than you can get back in side from nailing the sign up.:D

of course you would have to hire someone to clean up all the cut up conduit left behind:roll:

e57

Oh, I can see the Craigslist ad now:

"Electricians needed immediately! Start tomorrow! Work with everything from fire alarm and data to 120 and 480 volts! 20 years experience required. $10/hour."
:D
They are out there... A while back I got called out just to disconnect a service, and there were 20 guys waiting to destroy the place, a few days later I came back to meet the POCO, and there was nothing but a stub of the wall there with service on it, and a few of the guys left there to get the rest of it. I swear a few of them were packing some of it home.

rjvanwart

Urban Mining Now Hiring

Urban Mining Now Hiring

I have had entire vacant malls stripped of all CU and any distribution bus. The only reason we found out about the urban miners was that they were building fires inside the vacant buildings to expedite the removal of the insulation!

Quote: Common sense is not so common. Voltaire

Ragin Cajun

Update:

The architect said to hold up until the owner gets back in town. Of course, I hinted at that and that he might not want to spend over $20K to fix things.

RC

Status
Not open for further replies.