nfpa70e

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbo123

I want to just make a statement about this 70e that is used in the work place. I noticed since some companies are making people a qualifie worker a electrician over night. That they are not aware of the rules of Q W and expect them to do their electrical work . I see more and more maintaince men working on three phase motors and because the other electrician showed him how to do this once they feel its ok to do it.

I watched a couple of them trying to troublshoot a electrical problem on a piece of machinary and they had no clue where to begin and after tripping a 50 amp circuit a few times they called it quits.

This is just my take on this and I am sure there are many well trained qualitie workers out there.

eric7379

This really doesn't have anything to do with 70E. The scenario that you described happens each and every single day, regardless of whether or not a worker is "qualified" by some textbook definition, or is an electrician.

Is it right? By all means, no. But, I don't lose sleep over it. I know that it happens everywhere and there is nothing that I can do to stop it. I can and do try to educate people when the opportunity arises, but I can talk until I am blue in the face and if the village idiot still wants to do it, I won't be able to stop him when I am not around.

One thing that I must add is that in the facility that I work in, I do everything that I can to ensure that other people are safe from electrical hazards.

People are going to do what they want to do, even if they know it is wrong and downright dangerous. As the old saying goes "Ya can't fix stupid!"

Sharpie

Eric,

Thanks, that's a good reminder. You do what you can, but in the end, everybody still has to deal with the consequences of their own decisions.

On the other hand, if I'm aware of a safety issue or hazard and do nothing to bring it to the attention of the appropriate persons, then I'm not doing my job or showing any concern for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.