Canadian equipment approvals

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul21

Our company has recently shipped a piece of industrial equipment which included electrical controls to Canada. The customer's safety authority thought the machine should have had a CSA label applied. While the components used are all CSA approved, this has never been an issue in the past. Has there been a change in Canadian standards requiring a CSA, UL, ENTELA, INTERTEK, or IAS approval sticker? I thought I saw something about Canadian approval on equipment from Mikes' website some time ago but have not been able to locate it in any of the searches I've done so far. Thanks for your help.

charlie

Re: Canadian equipment approvals

I don't have a clue how the CSA works but I'll bet Ed MacLaren does. I know that UL will list tested components but will not list a piece of equipment made from listed components without testing. I would assume that CSA is the same way.

Re: Canadian equipment approvals

from what i understand, there are several issues.
1 are all devices csa approved. 2 is the panel built to csa specs. 3 is the panel tested to specs.
in other words, are all components csa approved, controls designed to meet nec, low voltage directives, electromagnetic issues considered?

try posting on www.electrical-contractor.net

they have a canadian topic forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.