Parallel Feeders

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitkas

I am pulling 6 parallel feeders (120/208 2000 amp) with a ground in each conduit. The feeders go through a pull box and continue on. I have been looking through the code book and I can not find if I need to bond every ground to the pull box or just one ground. I would greatly appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction.

iwire

Staff member
Our Muni requires an EGC in every conduit.

IMO if you connect any of the EGC to the box you must connect all to stay withing the rules of 310.4.

That said the NEC does not require that any of them be connected to the can as long as you are just passing through without terminations.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Do the conduits qualify as EGC (250.118) ?

That said the NEC does not require that any of them be connected to the can as long as you are just passing through without terminations.

Sorry Bob, just feel that until the 250.118 question is answered the above quoted statement may be misleading to those new members or lurkers.

DARUSA

I am pulling 6 parallel feeders (120/208 2000 amp) with a ground in each conduit. The feeders go through a pull box and continue on. I have been looking through the code book and I can not find if I need to bond every ground to the pull box or just one ground. I would greatly appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction.

Do you splice the feeder in the box? If not ,you will not require to bond the EGC to the box.

erickench

If the conduits qualify as an EGC then you don't have to bond pull boxes. However, in receptacle boxes and switch boxes bonding(or grounding) is required. There are no devices in a pull box.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
If the conduits qualify as an EGC then you don't have to bond pull boxes. ...
That is correct assuming you are pulling all of the conductors through the box. If you are any of the conductors, you will have to bond the EGCs to the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.