recess cans

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Aren't most recessed can rated for damp locations? That would be the requirement as John queried.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I wouldn't call this a can: :cool:

dw1102PI.jpg

MBLES

So is that a yes or no I cant read any where on the literature on any thing that says yes or no on box.se regular recessed cans for outdoor porch ? If not then what type?[/QUOTE]

MBLES

Thank you I never deal with recess cans on porches just wondering if someone has ever installed and which type I have been looking for something to install that was damp proof on porch.
To answer your question. Yes, for the most part, your garden variety can will do.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Thank you I never deal with recess cans on porches just wondering if someone has ever installed and which type I have been looking for something to install that was damp proof on porch.

The frame and trim need to be listed for damp locations. You're likely to find that most cans have this rating. I've used Lightolier in the past which were rated for damp locations. I think that even the inexpensive Home Depot stuff is damp rated. It's really that simple. :)

radiopet

The frame and trim need to be listed for damp locations. You're likely to find that most cans have this rating. I've used Lightolier in the past which were rated for damp locations. I think that even the inexpensive Home Depot stuff is damp rated. It's really that simple. :)

It is...and yes, it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.