Vandal resistant lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

fourteen/two

Anyone have any suggestions or good experiences with wall mount vandal resistant lights?

Had a customer call me today some stairwells to basements that have the light fixtures broken, people hanging around at night, and tenants not feeling safe.

I quickly told him that we can install some vandal resistant lights and that should take care of it.

But I have never bought any and would be interested in any suggestions of type and brands to use.

tkb

Cooper Lighting's Fail-Safe line is good for prisons and school.
I toured the Chicago factory a while back.

You will have to go through your local lighting rep to purchase them.
I know they are pricy, but they are strong.

Doug S.

I did a quick search for the lights we have, and they must have discontinued them... because they are such a major pain to service, and were a MAJOR pain to install. They have 10! security torx screws that are 1 1/2" long. The screws thread into the stupid sheet-metal inserts. (You know what I'm talking about?) We have well over a hundred of them and it's a project to service them.

SO what I'm trying to say is that if you are going to be installing any number of them and want to make any money... ... ... I would be sure to touch and feel before I commit to a purchase.

My 2?
Doug S.

charlietuna

There are many manufacturers but unless they are poured into the wall with just the lens exposed -- they can be damaged easily!

Status
Not open for further replies.