gettting set up for taking credit cards for payment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electron_Sam78

I'd like to know what will take the least amount of equipment if any and monthly fees. I'm specifically concerned with Visa right now but others may follow later on. Do any of you guys take credit card paymetns for services rendered?

nhfire77

I'd like to know what will take the least amount of equipment if any and monthly fees. I'm specifically concerned with Visa right now but others may follow later on. Do any of you guys take credit card paymetns for services rendered?

Yes,

Accept credit card payments anywhere with your iPhone, iPad or Android phone:

http://www.squareup.com

Get it free. You can charge them on site and email them the receipt, instantly. No monthly fees just a % of the transaction. I believe Satcom has it as well.

Just make sure you contact them if you plan on over $1000/month, there is additional checks and balances to make sure you are ligit.

satcom

Yes,

Get it free. You can charge them on site and email them the receipt, instantly. No monthly fees just a % of the transaction. I believe Satcom has it as well.

Just make sure you contact them if you plan on over $1000/month, thereabd is additional checks and balances to make sure you are ligit.

We have both the square and the intuit, they both come with a free reader and you just pay the small % fee when you run a card, I just had it connected to the phone to swipe a service call charge, works well

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
Yes,

Just make sure you contact them if you plan on over $1000/month, there is additional checks and balances to make sure you are ligit.

that was easy. have an unused checking account i used for a destination, so if there are any chargebacks, it doesn't link to my main account... i seldom have need for it, but it was effortless and no monthly charges.... 2.75% is the fee.

thanks for the info....

Fulthrotl

We have both the square and the intuit, they both come with a free reader and you just pay the small % fee when you run a card, I just had it connected to the phone to swipe a service call charge, works well

there's an apple store 6 miles from me, and i was bored.... i drove over
and picked up the dongle for $10, which includes a code that you punch in,
and it immediately credits your account the $10... swiped a card thru it for
$20, it immediately sends a receipt to your phone, email, or both, with
a receipt, your signature, and a google map embedded with where the
transaction took place.... put it on the ipad, and this thing is perfect for
residential and service truck work.... you can generate itemized reciepts
on the fly, and it deposits the money in your bank account each night.

cool.

nhfire77

repeat question. anything for nonsmart phone owners?

laptop with a 3G card and a credit card terminal. But getting a smart phone would be easier ;)

Unless you are willing to pay a bunch of fees for a cellular credit card terminal, or use the old credit card imprint sliding machine then go back to you office run a batch manually, then no. Doing that would be $$ on fees.

satcom

laptop with a 3G card and a credit card terminal. But getting a smart phone would be easier ;)

Unless you are willing to pay a bunch of fees for a cellular credit card terminal, or use the old credit card imprint sliding machine then go back to you office run a batch manually, then no. Doing that would be $$ on fees.

The monthly cost of all the card fees if you use the terminal or knuckle buster will total well over the monthly cost of the I Phone or Smart Phones

stew

would seem like someone would come up with a unit that would do maybe several transactions,store them, and then you just take it back to the office and download the data the same way you do on the smart phone ap. Seems simple to me in todays world if you dont have a smart phone to do it.

Fulthrotl

would seem like someone would come up with a unit that would do maybe several transactions,store them, and then you just take it back to the office and download the data the same way you do on the smart phone ap. Seems simple to me in todays world if you dont have a smart phone to do it.

well, you want real time authorization for CC purchases... and you really
don't want peoples financial data on someone elses cellphone... the phone
is doing a SSL with the authorization 'pooter, and interrupting that leaves
a lot of opportunity for fraud.... just before christmas last a year and a
half ago, paypal had a glitch that allowed you to change the amount paid
for something to a value of .02 (two cents) and still get a paid in full
authorization.

merry christmas. paypal got a lump of coal in their stocking.

and for the original poster who asked if there was anything for non
smart phone users... i think the answer is.... no.

one cool thing... is that you can take a picture of the work you did, embed
it into the invoice, and squareup.com geolocates the transaction... pretty
hard for the payee to dispute the service upgrade when there is a photo of
it on the bill, and the transaction took place at their residence.....

Last edited:

satcom

Security is one reason, the smart phones are used, also cost is a factor using smart phones, there are large companies that broker the merchant service fees at a very low rate, the terminals, and old buster systems operate on the old merchant service systems that charge monthly fees that can cost more then the cost of operating a smart phone, if you have used merchant services in the past then you know how expensive the monthly cost can be for the card processing.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
I have a Droid and tagging an invoice with picture and the coordinates is pretty dang interesting. Problem is when I was in CO last week the Droid GPS did not work very well at all. Clear view of sky meant nothing if I had moved from the previous location by very much. Many times it still had me miles away from where I was.

Somewhere in that statement is a question on how reliable is the locate.

satcom

I have a Droid and tagging an invoice with picture and the coordinates is pretty dang interesting. Problem is when I was in CO last week the Droid GPS did not work very well at all. Clear view of sky meant nothing if I had moved from the previous location by very much. Many times it still had me miles away from where I was.

Somewhere in that statement is a question on how reliable is the locate.

Good subject location services, in many cases there may not be direct link to a GPS there is a nested program linked to a network of cell sites, that plot your location, where you were, there may of been a missing link, so it computed the best plot with the available towers

Last edited:

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Yes,

Thanks I am going to look into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.